Trades in Motion
Building our Industry Workforce One Trade Intern at a Time
• Do you have a teen that enjoys working with their hands?
• Do you have a son or daughter that is interested in the home building process?
Have they ever had the desire to:
• Frame a home?
• Replace a faucet?
• Wire and electrical panel?
• Paint or coat the interior or exterior of a house?
• Install a heating, ventilation or air-conditioning unit?
Trades in Motion Week may be perfect for them!
Trades in Motion is designed to bring awareness to home construction trade career paths through a 5 day, hands-on, educational opportunity in one of five focus areas; Carpentry, Plumbing, Electrical, Painting & Coating, and HVAC. This program is open to students entering the 9th-12th grade in the 2020/2021 school year. Students will be divided into 5 groups of 4 and will rotate each day into specific trade with an assigned mentor in that trade. Mentors will provide each intern with an opportunity to learn the trade through work experience and formal training.